HEALTH & HYGIENE
Grace International school is committed to maintaining a healthy environment for our staff and students. Below are ways that you can help keep your family safe. Questions regarding COVID-19 policies and procedures can be directed to your student’s campus administrators.
1. STAY AT HOME WHEN SICK
- Do not come to school if unwell. Use the health checklist
- If a staff member/student has a fever, they should stay at home for 7 days
- If a member of the immediate family is sick, the student or member of staff should isolate at home with the family for 7 days
Temperature checks will take place before anyone enters the school bus/school entrance. If their temperature is over 99°F/37 °C they will be asked to stay at home.
2. HAND HYGIENE
- Staff and students will be expected to wash their hands on arrival at the school campus.
- Staff and students will be expected to wash hands regularly throughout the school day, especially before and after break and lunchtimes.
3. RESPIRATORY & PERSONAL HYGIENE
- “Catch it, Kill it, Bin It” – Bins and tissue boxes, alongside hand sanitiser, are available both in classrooms and at various stations around the campus.
- Masks must be worn by staff and students in confined spaces, such as in a bus or classroom.
- Teaching and learning will be modified to prevent respiratory sharing e.g. classrooms will be set up so that children are all facing the front, rather than in groups.
4. PHYSICAL DISTANCING & MIMIMIZING PHYSICAL CONTACT
- For travel and onsite activities students and staff will be in small “Bubbles”.
- Where possible, social distancing of 1 metre will be expected.
5. CLEANING & DISINFECTING
- During the school day, ayahs will be disinfecting the school premises, especially public spaces such as corridors, stairs, play areas, and toilets.
- Shared items, such as toys and sports equipment, will be regularly sanitised.
- Buses will be disinfected and aired before and after use.