Welcome to GSS Distance Learning. If there ever is such a time for parents, teachers and students to work together for educational development, it is now! Let us partner together to thrive in this new season of teaching and learning.
Distance Learning instructions were emailed on Thursday 19 March. Please let us know if you have not received that information.
- Students should have received google classroom invitations on Thursday 19 March from each of their subject teachers. If you have not yet received it, please get in contact with us.
- To log into Google Classrooms, go to: https://edu.google.com/intl/bn/products/classroom/?modal_active=none and click on “Go to Classroom”
- Each day please check the google classrooms platform. ALL learning instructions will be posted on this one platform
Other learning procedures:
- Please note that not all tasks will be digital (e.g. mock exams or Art work). Instructions have already been emailed about how this will work.
- Distance Learning has the same weight as daily school work, so we encourage students to utilise their time well, and to put in excellent effort into all distance learning tasks.
“More information will be added in the future”
Key Stage 3: English National Curriculum /Pearson Secondary (Ages 11–13)
Key Stage 4: IGCSE (International GCSE) (Ages 14–16)
Key Stage 5: IAL (International A Level) (Ages 16-18)
At Secondary, your maturing student is given the opportunity to develop academically, spiritually, physically and emotionally within a thriving and encouraging environment. Utilising a modified English National Curriculum, courses are designed to help students progress through a systematic course of study, which encourages individual advancement.
Through a child-centred approach to education, students in Year 7–9 (Key Stage 3) study a well-rounded curriculum, giving them a broad range of experiences.
Students in Year 10—11 (Key Stage 4) follow the Pearson Edexcel IGCSE course. Externally moderated examinations ensure that students enter their next steps of life with internationally recognised qualifications, opening doors to higher education and beyond.
Year 12-13 (Key Stage 5) students continue their study through the Pearson Edexcel IAL programme preparing them for university. Students study 4 subjects in- depth following a rigorous academic programme divided into modules with external exams taken in January and June.